VHFA's mission is to finance and promote affordable, safe and decent housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income Vermonters.
To achieve our mission VHFA has adopted the following goals:
- To provide access to low-cost, flexible, innovative programs for individuals in need of affordable mortgage financing.
- To stimulate the development, financing and preservation of affordable housing, including rental and ownership housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income Vermonters and to encourage mechanisms to ensure that this housing remains perpetually affordable.
- To create and sustain a workplace conducive to attracting and retaining a quality staff.
- To maintain a sound fiscal structure and meet all fiduciary requirements in a professional manner.
- To work in partnership with state government, municipalities and the private sector to:
- Encourage and support quality planning for affordable housing,
- Address the special needs of Vermonters who have disabilities or require supportive services and
- Address homelessness in Vermont
- To heighten general awareness of housing needs for low- and moderate-income Vermonters, particularly with groups who can have an impact on the production of such housing, including the legislature, community officials and the business community.