Interested in VHFA?
- Up to $15,000 down payment and closing assistance with VHFA ASSIST
- Up to $825 savings on Vermont Property Transfer Tax at closing
- Annual Federal tax credit when using the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
Contact a VHFA Participating Lender!
The first step is to contact a VHFA participating lender and ask about VHFA programs. Please visit our participating lender webpage, select a lender, then choose a loan originator to contact. Your loan originator will help you understand:
- The mortgage application process
- About how much you can afford to borrow
- Estimated down payment, closing costs and monthly payment
- Eligibility for VHFA programs including down payment and closing cost assistance.
Attend a Free Homebuying 101 Informational Event!
Online Webinar: Wednesday, October 18th at 6 pm Via GoToWebinar.
Can't attend one of these events? You may also view a previously recorded webinar on YouTube.
Attending a Homebuying 101 event does not meet the homebuyer education requirements for a VHFA mortgage program. These events are intended to be informational only, for a list of homebuying education options that meet VHFA requirements visit https://vhfa.org/homebuyers/education.
Not ready to meet with a lender?
Need help improving credit or increasing savings? Want more information about the homebuying process and other special programs? Contact a VT NeighborWorks Homeownership Center nearest you and sign up for homebuyer education! Homebuyer education classes can help you understand:
- Mortgage loan requirements (credit, savings, income, etc.)
- How to build or rebuild you credit, savings and affordability
- What look out for in the home buying process
- Special homebuyer programs to help you
- Where to get started
Go to our Homebuyer Education & Counseling Page for more information.