Help develop Vermont's Consolidated Plan


barreThe Vermont Department of Economic, Housing and Community Development (DEHCD) is looking for assistance in determining Vermont's Consolidated Plan for 2010-2015.

Vermont’s Consolidated Plan, revised every five years, guides the investment of more than $13 million the state receives each year from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The money funds three grant programs: Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) and Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG).

You can contribute to the process in a couple ways. Complete the online survey and/or attend one of the meetings being held around the state this month and next.

Meetings are being held in Barre (pictured), at the City Council Chamber, City Hall, on Dec. 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. And in West Rutland, at West Rutland Town Hall Auditorium, on Dec. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m.

Watch the DEHCD Web site for future meeting announcements.

For more information, contact Lisa Ryan, DEHCD, at (802) 828-1256.