The pre-development application should be used for prospective projects seeking early, critical stage financing of pre-development and pre-construction costs related to development of affordable multi-family rental housing. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Please refer to the pre-development term sheet for additional eligibility criteria.
Housing Credit - Pre-application
For a pre-application, please schedule a pre-application meeting and site visit prior to the due date, and also provide the following materials:
- Option agreement or other evidence of site control
- Site plan
- Preliminary building plans
- Evidence of compatibility with zoning
- Draft Multifamily Rental Proforma (or at minimum the Assumptions tab)
- Evaluation Criteria Summary Sheet (2024) (for Ceiling Credit applications only)
Housing Credit applications must be submitted electronically to [email protected] using a secure file sharing website. Documents must be sent as PDF files with the exception of the proforma, which should be sent as an Excel file. Please contact Development staff with questions. Additional information about the pre-application meeting can be found in the QAP.
Housing Credit - Common Application
The Common Application should be used for all development projects and may be submitted to VHFA, Vermont Housing and Conservation Board, and the Vermont Community Development Program. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and approved at meetings of the VHFA Board of Commissioners, with the exception of Ceiling and State Housing Credits, which are awarded once per year.
- Common Application (for housing developers)
- Multifamily Rental Proforma - all applicants should please submit two models, one with Bond Credits and one with Ceiling Credits
- Service Plan Supplement
- AHS Affordable Housing Priorities
- Operating Expense Guidelines
Additional Housing Credit materials can be found on the Housing Credit Program Materials page.
Homeownership State Tax Credit
To apply for the Vermont Homeownership Tax Credits, please fill out the following forms:
Tax Credit Assistance Program and Monetized Credit
Learn more about two programs of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which include enhancements to the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program:
- Tax Credit Assistance Program (TCAP) Financing Certificate
- Tax Credit Assistance Program (TCAP) checklist
Properties receiving TCAP funds
- Asset Management Plan Tax Credit Assistance Program (TCAP) fact sheet
- Asset Management Plan 1602 Tax Credit Exchange Program fact sheet
- TCAP report, March 11, 2011
The TCAP competitive priorities are open for public comment. Submit your comments.