Why look to VHFA for your mortgage?
VHFA is a not-for-profit organization that helps low- and moderate-income Vermonters obtain affordable mortgages. VHFA loan programs are available exclusively through Participating Lenders, and offer unique benefits. Why ask your lender about a VHFA mortgage?
- Low interest rates
- 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage
- Down payment and closing cost assistance
- Mortgage Credit Certificates that give you an annual tax benefit not available anywhere else in Vermont
- Save up to $825 on the Property Transfer Tax that is due to the State of Vermont for every home purchase
- The rate you see is the rate you get! You will never pay a higher interest rate or closing costs due to credit, the amount of money you are putting down, or the type of property you are buying
- Products that finance up to 100% of the purchase of your home (most of Chittenden County not eligible for 100% financing)
- Lower monthly mortgage insurance payments
VHFA offers multiple mortgage programs with different compliance requirements. For example, some options require you to be considered a first-time homebuyer, while others do not. To find out which VHFA programs and products best suit your situation, talk with a Participating Lender.
>> See VHFA Loan Programs