Are you ready to own your home?
VHFA offers multiple mortgage programs, and some programs have different compliance requirements. For example, some options may require you to be considered a first-time homebuyer, while others may not. To ensure that you know exactly which VHFA programs and products will best suit your situation, work through a Participating Lender to learn more.
Why should you look to VHFA for your mortgage?
VHFA is a not-for-profit organization that helps low- and moderate-income Vermonters obtain affordable mortgages. VHFA loan programs are exclusively available through Participating Lenders, and offer unique benefits that you will not find in other loan options. Why might you want to ask your lender about a VHFA mortgage?
- Low interest rates
- 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage
- Down payment and closing cost assistance
- Mortgage Credit Certificates that give you an annual tax benefit not available anywhere else in Vermont
- Save up to $625 on the Property Transfer Tax that is due to the State of Vermont for every home purchase
- The rate you see is the rate you get! You will never pay a higher interest rate or closing costs due to credit, the amount of money you are putting down, or the type of property you are buying
- Products that may finance up to 100% of the purchase of your home (most of Chittenden County not eligible for 100% financing)
- Lower monthly mortgage insurance payments
>> See VHFA Loan Programs