-A A +A

VHFA again named one of the top 5 best small places to work in Vermont

Posted by: Mia Watson on March 23, 2018 - 8:10am

For the third year in a row, VHFA was ranked in the top five Best Places to Work among small sized organizations across the state by Vermont Business Magazine. After receiving the honor of the number one spot in 2016, VHFA was ranked fourth for 2017, and has just been ranked second for 2018.

“This award reflects the excellence of our wonderful staff and their deep commitment to our mission of promoting affordable housing opportunities for Vermonters,” remarked Sarah Carpenter, VHFA Executive Director. “Their dedication and enthusiasm is what makes VHFA a great place to work.”

Awards were presented on Wednesday, March 21st at the DoubleTree Hotel in South Burlington. Sarah Carpenter, Lori Gilding, Office Manager, and Steve Gronlund, Administration & HR Manager joined hundreds of other employers and their staff to celebrate the 50 companies being honored as the Best Places to Work in Vermont. After an hour of socializing and hors d’oeuvres, several local dignitaries spoke, including Governor Phil Scott. Each company’s representatives then went to the stage to receive their award and have their photo taken with the Governor. 

Winners were chosen by Vermont Business Magazine from companies across the state. The results of an employee survey accounted for 75 percent of each nominated company's score, while the remaining 25 percent of the score consisted of criteria including workplace policies, compensation, benefits packages, and demographics. Finalists were split into three categories -- small companies with 15-99 employees, medium companies with 100-249 employees, and large companies with 250 or more employees.

Categories:

Share

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.