Interested in VHFA?
- Up to $15,000 down payment and closing assistance with VHFA ASSIST
- Up to $825 savings on Vermont Property Transfer Tax at closing
- Annual Federal tax credit when using the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
Contact a VHFA Participating Lender!
The first step is to contact a VHFA participating lender and ask about VHFA programs. Please visit our participating lender webpage, select a lender, then choose a loan originator to contact. Your loan originator will help you understand:
- The mortgage application process
- About how much you can afford to borrow
- Estimated down payment, closing costs and monthly payment
- Eligibility for VHFA programs including down payment and closing cost assistance.
Want more information? Attend our Webinars and Seminars!
Thursday, February 9th from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Pizza 44, 703 Pine St., Burlington, VT.
Thursday, February 16th from 3 pm - 5pm. Bennington Elks Lodge, 125 Washington Ave., Bennington, VT.
Wednesday, February 22nd at 11 am or 7 pm. Choose the time which works best for you!
Can't join us for a live webinar? You may view a previously recorded webinar at your leisure.
Not ready to meet with a lender?
Need help improving credit or increasing savings? Want more information about the homebuying process and other special programs? Contact a VT NeighborWorks Homeownership Center nearest you and sign up for homebuyer education! Homebuyer education classes can help you understand:
- Mortgage loan requirements (credit, savings, income, etc.)
- How to build or rebuild you credit, savings and affordability
- What look out for in the home buying process
- Special homebuyer programs to help you
- Where to get started
Go to our Homebuyer Education & Counseling Page for more information.