Interested in VHFA?
မြန်မာ 中国人 Française Kirundi नेपाली Espanol Kiswahili Tiếng Việt عربي
VHFA provides helpful mortgage loan programs for eligible VT homebuyers. All VHFA programs are offered exclusively through local VHFA participating lenders. VHFA benefits include:
- Up to $15,000 down payment and closing assistance with VHFA ASSIST
- Up to $825 savings on Vermont Property Transfer Tax at closing
- Annual Federal tax credit when using the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
Contact a VHFA Participating Lender!
The first step is to contact a VHFA participating lender and ask about VHFA programs. Please visit our participating lender webpage, select a lender, then choose a loan originator to contact. Your loan originator will help you understand:
- The mortgage application process
- About how much you can afford to borrow
- Estimated down payment, closing costs and monthly payment
- Eligibility for VHFA programs including down payment and closing cost assistance.
Attend a Free Homebuying 101 Educational Event!
- Webinar: Wednesday, June 14th @ 6 pm
- Seminar: Tuesday, June 27th @ 5:30 pm - National Bank of Middlebury. 30 Main St, Middlebury, Vt. Enjoy Taco Tuesday at 5:30pm with homebuyer presentation to follow starting at 6 pm.
- Can't join us for a live event? View a previously recorded webinar.
Not ready to meet with a lender?
Need help improving credit or increasing savings? Want more information about the homebuying process and other special programs? Contact a VT NeighborWorks Homeownership Center nearest you and sign up for homebuyer education! Homebuyer education classes can help you understand:
- Mortgage loan requirements (credit, savings, income, etc.)
- How to build or rebuild you credit, savings and affordability
- What look out for in the home buying process
- Special homebuyer programs to help you
- Where to get started
Go to our Homebuyer Education & Counseling Page for more information.