VHFA offers funding and loan programs to developers who are committed to creating and preserving housing for low- and moderate-income Vermonters.
The funding and loan programs that VHFA offers include the following:
- Predevelopment Loans
- Construction and Permanent Loans
- Vermont Housing Investment Fund (VHIF)
- Missing Middle Homeownership Development Program
- Rental Revolving Loan Fund (RRLF)
- Local Investment Advisory Committee (LIAC) partnership
Acquisition, rehabilitation, construction and construction/permanent loans from VHFA are often made in conjunction with the allocation of federal housing tax credits. Most projects are funded through the issuance of tax-exempt bonds but also require public or private funding sources.
Applications for predevelopment, construction, and permanent loans are due as shown in the table below. For information about applications for other types of funding and loan programs, see the specific program page linked above.
For more information on development loans, please contact Development staff at (802) 864-5743.